Sr. Technology Specialist - (226 Days)
- Sr. Technology Specialist - (226 Days) JobID: 1903
- Position Type:
Technology/Specialist, Sr. Technology
- Date Posted:
Education Center - Annex
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support district goals.
Deliver non-disruptive prompt, courteous, and professional service to end-users at all times in a time-sensitive learning environment.
Deploy, update, configure and troubleshoot end-point devices including mobile devices, hardware, software, applications and mobile apps in a Microsoft and Apple environment.
- Resolve customer questions/concerns efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening.
Troubleshoot and remediate incidents and requests effectively in the field, by phone and using remote support tools.
Provide desk side support to end users.
Mentor technicians and student technical teams with an always-available attitude.
- Complete tasks for incidents, requests and problem resolution following appropriate processes.
- Enter, update and complete service desk tickets with accuracy and clarity.
Lead small project teams as assigned.
Escalate issues to Tier III or vendors as necessary.
Document all service tickets, activities and resolutions with accurate, consistent and clear information.
Collaborate with staff for problem management.
- Utilize knowledgebase and suggest documentation improvements.
- Provide support and assistance for Servie Desk and other technical staff as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- Ability to work in open spaces in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge in supporting issues and changes through a ticketing system
- Knowledge of troubleshooting issues with Apple and Windows client platforms
- Knowledge to service and repair desktop and laptop hardware and complete warranty RMAs
- Knowledge in supporting users with Apple devices and iOS configurations
- Skill in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Office 365
- Ability to support users utilizing remote service and support tools
- Knowledge of self-help strategies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A+, Net+ or operating system certification (preferred)
- Two (2) years successful experience supporting users’ technology or servicing endpoint devices and software
- Experience in K-12 education organization (preferred)
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
- Ability to work well with others
- Frequent district-wide travel
Job Title: Specialist, Sr. Technology Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Funding: Local Funding
Department/School: Technology Pay Grade: OS 11D ($25.47 - $30.68)
Reports to: Field Operations Manager HR Date Approved: August 2016
Delivers courteous and professional services to deploy, troubleshoot and resolve issues for all endpoint devices, software and peripherals including Windows and Apple desktops, laptops, mobile devices, applications, mobile apps, projectors and interactive displays. Prioritizes service tasks, remote support and field support as assigned through the service desk or by the Field Operations Manager. Documents all service tickets with consistent and accurate information.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: