Special Education Function Specialist I - (226 days)
- Special Education Function Specialist I - (226 days) JobID: 2553
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Specialist - Function
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Function Specialist I Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Answer incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff; respond to questions, requests, and issues from staff, parents, and community that fall within level of responsibility.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain accurate physical and computerized departmental files and systems.
- Greet and direct visitors with a high level of professionalism and assistance
- Maintain accurate inventories of supplies and materials; order office supplies as needed.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for the assigned area; schedule meetings and conference rooms and prepare agendas as requested.
- Provide clerical support to and maintain schedule of appointments for assigned supervisor.
- Responsible for various facets of the assigned department including but not limited to: performing bookkeeping tasks, maintaining accurate records of assigned budget(s), making travel and hotel arrangements following established guidelines; processing expense receipts for reimbursement, and helping plan events such as banquets, dinners, award ceremonies, etc.
- Assist in all facets of the assigned department including but not limited to: preparing, processing, and tracking all purchase orders and payment authorizations and preparing items for board meeting.
- Prepare required federal, state, and local reports; prepare, process, prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, schedules, and contracts as assigned; copy and distribute reports, documents, and information as required.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to department staff.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs as directed.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding, calculator, and file maintenance skills
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases, and do word processing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree (preferred)
- Three (3) years successful clerical experience (preferred)
- Experience in public school setting (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional moving and lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Department/School: Assigned Department Pay Grade: PR 6 ($138.09 - $166.37)
Function: Assigned Function
Reports to: Assigned Supervisor HR Date Approved: November 2011
Provides secretarial/clerical support in assigned area. Organizes and assists with the activities of the assigned area.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment Used: Computer, printer, copier, fax machine, multi-line telephone