Security Specialist I - (193 Days)
- Security Specialist I - (193 Days) JobID: 2537
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Custodial/ Security/Security Specialist
- Date Posted:
Timber Creek High   Job Title: Security Specialist I Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Provide program support and service delivery; communicate effectively within and across teams and participate in cross-functional work groups.
- Guard school building and property and make prescribed rounds of inspection through the day.
- Patrol school corridors, locker rooms, restrooms, assemble and athletic facilities, gymnasiums, bus loading areas, and other campus locations in order to observe student behavior and prevent violations or unsafe activities.
- Report and provide information to school administrators and other authorized personnel regarding opportunities for improved campus/community relations.
- Prevent entry or report presence on grounds or in building of unauthorized persons who are in violation of district rules, guidelines, and policies.
- Investigate unusual conditions and take immediate emergency action as appropriate.
- Prepare incident and other miscellaneous reports about crimes against the District property and offenses against District personnel or students as requested.
- Screen visitors, check hall passes, and assist buses loading and unloading.
- Maintain high visibility throughout the day by constantly monitoring the campus.
- Maintain effective and constructive relationships with the campus principals, campus staff, and district staff.
- Work closely with campus and administration officials to develop an attitude sensitive to the need for creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and campus goals and assigned area of responsibility.
- Patrol and work at extra-curricular events in order to observe student behavior and prevent violations or unsafe activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by TEA and the district; file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of physical security practices
- Knowledge of state and federal rules, regulations, or requirements pertaining to security and safety in public facilities
- Skill in communicating across various levels of an organization to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction
- Skill in directing delivery of services throughout a district, assigned areas of responsibility and customer base
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful related work experience
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with record of safe driving
- Able and willing to work varied hours including split shifts and weekends.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing and heavy lifting and carrying
- Occasional exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials
- Prolonged use of computer; repetitive hand motions
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Irregular work hours
Department/School: Safety & Security Pay Grade: OS 6D ($140.30 - $169.06)
Reports to: Director Safety & Security HR Date Approved: June 2011
Monitors and ensures effective security measures are in place, such as employee access to facilities, building surveillance, and other components of an effective system of building security.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.