Payroll Specialist II - (226 Days)
- Payroll Specialist II - (226 Days) JobID: 2592
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Specialist - Function
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Payroll Specialist II Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Serve as lead processor of district payrolls.
- Serve as lead contact for campus and department personnel regarding routine payroll procedures.
- Receive and audit time sheets for district employees as assigned.
- Calculate employee wages, salaries, hours worked, overtime pay, and determine withholdings, deductions, and net pay.
- Prepare paychecks and maintain employee payroll history.
- Prepare and post payroll changes including time clock error logs, salary changes, terminations, and new employee information.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including payroll records and service records.
- Communicate with appropriate departments to ensure accuracy of information reported; resolve payroll problems and inquiries.
- Respond to requests from financial institutions regarding verification of employment.
- Conduct training of employees in proper use of electronic timekeeping system.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of mathematical computations
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
- Ability to use calculator (10-key by touch), computer, and time clock software
- Knowledge of timekeeping software processing
- Proficiency in typing, keyboarding, and file maintenance
- Ability to work with numbers in accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years successful related work experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions and still meet established deadlines
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending and reaching
- Occasional lifting and moving of up to 25 lbs.
Department/School: Payroll Pay Grade: PR 8 ($161.00 - $194.02)
Reports to: Supervisor of Payroll HR Date Approved: November, 2006
Revised: January 2011
Serves as lead processor of district payrolls. Ensures accurate and timely preparation of payroll records by following prescribed procedures and regulations.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.