Office Aide I - (183 Days)
- Office Aide I - (183 Days) JobID: 1904
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Aide - Office I, Office II
- Date Posted:
Trinity Springs Middle   Job Title: Office Aide I Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Greet and direct campus visitors.
- Assist parents in checking students in and out of school.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, documents, and other deliveries.
- Assist with the receipt and distribution of student materials, including homework requests.
- Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
- Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools and setting up cumulative folder.
- Process and transmit requests for student information and transcripts.
- Call parents to verify student absences as needed.
- Assist with preparation of materials for mailing, including preparing labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Maintain computerized files using personal computer, including reports, employee roster, andmailing lists.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to operate multi-line phone system
- Ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year successful clerical experience in an office setting (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Frequent sitting, bending, standing, kneeling
- Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds
- Repetitive hand motions
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 1 ($86.93 - 104.67)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: August, 2006
Provides reception and clerical assistance for the efficient operation of the campus office.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax machine, multi-line telephone