ISS Aide - (183 Days)
- ISS Aide - (183 Days) JobID: 2577
- Position Type:
Educational Paraprofessional/Aide, ISS-SLC
- Date Posted:
Trinity Springs Middle   Job Title: In-School Suspension Aide Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Work with certified teacher and campus administrators to create and maintain an orderly and highly structured classroom environment.
- Consult classroom teachers regarding student assignments; work with individual students to complete assignments; distribute, collect, and check student assignments for accuracy.
- Maintain individual files of completed student assignments and return to classroom teachers.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Record student attendance and discipline referrals using personal computer.
- Supervise students during lunch and bathroom breaks.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well with children with behavior problems
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use personal computer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- Two (2) year successful experience working with children
- Experience in an educational setting (preferred)
- Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institute of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment required by No Child Left Behind Act.
- Two (2) years successful experience working with children in an educational setting
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions and with more than one subject matter at a time
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, and kneeling
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 2 ($98.19 - $118.35)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: August, 2006
Revised: February, 2010
Supervises students assigned to In-School Suspension.. Provides instruction, instructional support, and discipline in a highly structured and orderly environment.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment used: Copy machine, telephone, and personal computer
For positions funded by Title monies or for positions at campuses identified as a campus-wide Title campus, the following additional qualifications apply: