HVAC PM Technician - (260 Days)
- HVAC PM Technician - (260 Days) JobID: 2655
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: HVAC PM Technician Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Assist with the maintenance on all electrical motors, pumps, disconnects, breakers, control panels, etc.
- Replace blower fans, motors, and miscellaneous parts for HVAC units as directed.
- Assist with the maintenance of pumps, fans, and water controls on cooling tower.
- Assist with the maintenance of kitchen freezers and refrigerators as directed.
- Keep maintenance records on all HVAC units as required; maintain filter and belt lists on HVAC equipment.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of HVAC systems
- Ability to lift or manipulate heavy equipment
- Ability to climb tall ladders and work in tight places
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver’s license with record of safe driving
- Lift 60+ lbs with bending, standing, and crawling for access to areas under buildings and on rooftops
- Climb ladders and scaffold to move equipment
- Work in all weather conditions
- May require overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
Department/School: Business Operations
Function: Business Pay Grade: OS 5 ($16.14 - $19.45)
Reports to: Supervisor Facility Systems HR Date Approved: October, 2008
Maintains and repairs equipment throughout the district under general supervision. Maintains and provides for the safe condition and operation of HVAC systems in district facilities. Performs preventative maintenance (PM) tasks for HVAC equipment as assigned.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment Used: hand tools, electrical test meters, leak tester, forklift, vacuum pumps, conduit benders, flaring tools, oil pumps, water pumps, pipe wrenches, chemical pumps and chemicals for water treatment