HVAC Certified Technician - (260 Days)
- HVAC Certified Technician - (260 Days) JobID: 2507
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: HVAC Certified Technician Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Perform full maintenance on all electrical motors, pumps, disconnects, breakers, control panels, etc.
- Replace compressors, blower fans, motors, and miscellaneous parts for HVAC units as directed.
- Program all energy management systems as directed.
- Assist in maintaining electrical portion of sprinkler systems.
- Maintain and adjust controls as needed on all chill water systems.
- Maintain pumps, fans, and water controls on cooling tower.
- Provide maintenance on kitchen freezers and refrigerators as directed.
- Keep maintenance records on all HVAC units as required.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Ability to diagnose electrical and HVAC problems and perform repairs
- Ability to lift or manipulate heavy equipment
- Ability to climb tall ladders and work in tight places
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a record of safe driving
- Texas Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Certification
- One (1) year successful related experience
- Lift 60+ lbs
- Frequent access to areas under buildings and on rooftops
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying
- Frequent climbing of ladders and scaffolding
- Work in all weather conditions
- Occasional overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
Department/School: Facility Services Pay Grade: OS 7 ($19.72/hr - $23.75/hr)
Reports to: Supervisor Facility Systems HR Date Approved: October 2008
Revised: October 2015
Maintains, repairs, and installs heating and air conditioning systems and equipment under general supervision. Maintains and provides for the safe condition and operation of HVAC systems in district.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment Used: PC computer, hand tools, electrical test meters, CFC recovery equipment, manifold gauge, leak tester, forklift, vacuum pumps, conduit benders, flaring tools, oil pumps, water pumps, pipe wrenches, chemical pumps and chemicals for water treatment