High School Campus Accountant - ( 226 Days)
- High School Campus Accountant - ( 226 Days) JobID: 2586
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Accountant - Campus
- Date Posted:
Timber Creek High   Job Title: Accountant, Campus – High School Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement
- Maintain complete and systematic records of campus financial transactions according to established procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Enter all purchase requisitions and warehouse orders including obtaining price quotes and product information from KISD vendors.
- Prepare all check requests, budget amendments and journal entries.
- Using In Touch receipting system, process and account for all money generated and distributed at the campus; serve as centralized collection point for all funds received from students.
- Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Act as liaison with district administration for campus web store.
- Prepare various financial reports for the principal and other specific campus organizations
- Assist with preparation of campus budget.
- Assist with all staff/student travel arrangements and paperwork required including coordinating with the District travel agent when necessary.
- Prepare and submit reconciliation, accompanied by original and copies of all receipts, for all travel advances (such as student meal money).
- Calculate District funding needed for all Post-District competition travel expenses and request funding from administration.
- Submit authorizations to Accounts Payable for payment processing on Purchase Orders once all items are received and/or services provided.
- Under the direction of campus administration, submit contracts to Legal department for approval (and obtain required signatures once approved) prior to entering a requisition.
- Responsible for all campus shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate and assist with the sale of football tickets including reconciliation of cash received to number of tickets sold; and prepare and provide reconciliation and deposit reports to the KISD athletics department.
- Coordinate and assist with the sale of tickets for prom and other school related events.
- Assist the Academic Associate with the registration and payment collection process for PSAT and AP testing.
- Distribute parking permits and maintain computerized reporting for security.
- Facilitate collection of student cell phones/electronic devices, collect payment of fines from students, and return of cell phones/electronic devices to student.
- Collect textbook fines and assist with the distribution and collection of textbooks.
- Compile master list of fixed assets for all new technology orders received for the campus (and tag and compile list of any items the campus chooses to track, e.g., calculators for the math and science departments that are checked out for student use.
- During the summer months, collect library books and fines, and prepare deposits for the campus Library Media/Technology Specialist.
- Maintain petty cash fund in accordance with District policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices
- Knowledge of administrative regulations and district policies
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency skills in typing, keyboarding, and file maintenance
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
- Ability to use a calculator (10-key by touch)
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Two (2) years successful accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 7 ($147.73 - $177.99)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: June 2014
Performs general accounting/bookkeeping and maintains campus financial records, for all funds including general fund, campus and student activity funds. Acts as liaison between campus staff and Purchasing for the procurement items from all campus funding. Serves as centralized collection point for all funds collected from students and parents.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.