Head Electrical Systems Technician - (260 days)
- Head Electrical Systems Technician - (260 days) JobID: 2506
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: Head Electrical Systems Technician Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Lead, plan, and direct the special craftsman to make all necessary repairs of buildings and equipment related to the building.
- Purchase necessary supplies, materials, equipment, and tools necessary to make maintenance repairs.
- Make recommendations of major repairs and/or replacement of needed capital improvements.
- Direct all repairs at assigned buildings.
- Assist other departments in repairs as needed.
- Report all accidents to buildings, tools, vehicles and personnel.
- Make all preventive maintenance repairs as needed.
- Make installations of new or replacement equipment.
- Assist in the selection of staff employees from qualified applicants.
- Direct the work of assigned employees; provide input for the evaluation of employees in the work unit or crew; confer with supervisor and document personnel issues under the direction of supervisor.
- Recommend specifications and plans for new construction.
- Assign approved work requests to the appropriate craftsman; provide follow-up inspections of completed work.
- Attend meetings, educational classes, workshops that will enhance the job of leading others.
- Report any violation of laws, codes, regulations, and policies.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Master Electrician License
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a record of safe driving
- Four (4) years successful related experience
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying
- Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Occasional overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
Department/School: Facility Services
Function: Business Pay Grade: OS 10 ($24.36/hr - $29.35/hr)
Reports to: Supervisor Facility Systems HR Date Approved: October, 2008
Revised: January, 2014
Maintains and provides for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities. Under general supervision, maintains, repairs, and installs electrical systems, services, and equipment for the district.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: PC Computer, hand tools, electrical tools, testing equipment, pullers, welding and soldering equipment, pumps, cutters and cutting equipment, forklift, ladders and scaffolds