Grounds I Services Technician - (260 days)
- Grounds I Services Technician - (260 days) JobID: 2521
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Mow and trim all district grounds including sweeping blowing and edging of fences, curbs and paved areas.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation; care for trees, shrubs and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds and controlling weeds.
- Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for scheduled activities.
- Water and fertilize turf areas as directed by supervisor.
- Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish and refuse from district facilities.
- Remove ice from pavement and entries to buildings, spread ice melt and/or sand when conditions warrant.
- Install and repair fences, concrete and asphalt structures, bleachers, etc.
- Load and unload furniture and other materials, transport to designated locations, utilizing a variety of equipment as needed.
- Operate and maintain various types of equipment, including power mowers, saws, edgers, and power shears according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate light or medium weight trucks according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate light or medium wright tractors and attachments according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Participate in fire, crises and disaster programs as directed.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Ability to use grounds maintenance tools and equipment as required
- Ability to follow oral and or written instructions
- Ability to follow and apply safety rules and regulations for job assignments and equipment used
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 75 pounds
- Completion of sufficient education or training to read, write, and follow directions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Work outside and on slippery or uneven walking surfaces and ladders
- Regular exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, and toxic chemicals
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and up to 75 pounds on occasion
Job Title: Grounds Technician I Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Department/School: Facility Services
Function: Business Pay Grade: OS 2 ($12.14/hr - $14.63/hr)
Reports to: Assigned Supervisor HR Date Approved: October, 2008
Performs tasks related to maintaining the districts grounds. Assists in providing a safe and efficiently run operation for the students, staff and taxpayers.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Equipment used but not limited to: push mowers, riding mowers, edgers, saws, power shears, blowers, line trimmers, tractors and tractor attachments, light truck or van