Fine Arts Specialist (226 Days)
- Fine Arts Specialist (226 Days) JobID: 2579
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Specialist, Fine Arts Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support District goals.
- Provide program support and service delivery; communicate effectively within and across teams and participate in cross-functional work groups.
- Participate in development of District long term planning, through facility assessments, inventory assessment, and long-term needs communication and organization.
- Ensure responsiveness to campuses, programs, and community members.
- Serve as event coordinator on all Fine Arts District wide events.
- Coordinate projects funded by The Hudson Foundation, and other outside grant organizations for the betterment of the District as a whole.
- Compile yearly reports of all grant projects, documenting the completion of each project.
- Coordinate the District-wide Hudson Foundation Grant Project.
- Assist in Coordinating Social Media content and publicity of Fine Arts Department.
- Organize district UIL Academic events and serve as a representative for KISD UIL Academic Coaches on a district and state level.
- Facilitate all District UIL planning meetings for UIL Academics and One Act Play.
- Manage disbursement of UIL stipends.
- Ensure actions support the curricular focus of the District.
- Positively represent Keller ISD and the District administration at public venues and/or activities; maintain a professional appearance, manner and work habit.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to coordinate large District-wide, and community events
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Google
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in conducting presentations
- Skill in implementing communication and collaboration between and among various areas of an organization
- Working knowledge of the University Interscholastic League (UIL)
- Working knowledge of non-profit and grant organizations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years successful experience in a fine arts related position
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
- Occasional travel
- Work with frequent interruptions
Department/School: Fine Arts Pay Grade: AD 2
Function: Educational Support
Reports to: Director of Fine Arts HR Date Approved: November 2018
HR Revised Date:
Assist the Fine Arts Department by promoting excellence in student opportunities and achievement, engaging the community, and supporting programs District wide. Collaborate between and among various areas of the organization to maximize program development and student learning and engagement, as well as community involvement.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty