Electrical Licensed Technician - ( 260 Days)
- Electrical Licensed Technician - ( 260 Days) JobID: 2505
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: Technician, Electrical Licensed Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Performs full maintenance on electrical equipment such as motors, disconnects, breakers, control panels, light fixtures, etc.
- Repair and replace wall plugs, light ballast, electrical ceiling fans, and other electrical equipment.
- Obtain proper permits and install electrical services for classrooms and portable buildings, etc.
- Maintain, repair, and replace outside lighting such as parking lots, athletic fields, and wall mounted building fixtures.
- Install conduit, grounds, circuits, and equipment in accordance with codes.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems and repair as required
- Ability to size, select, and install electrical service and equipment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift or manipulate heavy panels or electrical equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman Electrical License
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a record of safe driving
- Four (4) years successful related experience
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying
- Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside
- Lifting of 60+ lbs
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Occasional overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Work in all weather conditions
- Irregular, prolonged, and adjusted schedules
Department/School: Facility Services
Function: Business Pay Grade: OS 8 ($20.89/hr - $25.17/hr)
Reports to: Supervisor Facility Systems HR Date Approved: October, 2008
Revised: October 2015
Maintains and provides for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities. Under general supervision, maintains, repairs, and installs electrical systems, services, and equipment for the district.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Hand tools, electrical tools, testing equipment, pullers, welding and soldering equipment, pumps, cutters and cutting equipment, forklift, ladders and scaffolds, personal lifts