Early Childhood Education Aide II - PK Aide (183 Days)
- Early Childhood Education Aide II - PK Aide (183 Days) JobID: 2658
- Position Type:
Educational Paraprofessional/Aide, PK
- Date Posted:
Early Learning Center South   Job Title: Early Childhood Education Aide II Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain a neat, clean and orderly classroom.
- Assist with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional tasks assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom, according to duties assigned.
- Help manage the behavior of assigned students; as needed and according to district policy.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Inform teacher of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
- Regularly assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene according to their needs.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of medical devices that are needed to maintain the health and safety of students, if applicable.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institute of higher learning, or have met formal academic Assessment required by No Child Left Behind Act.
- Two (2) years successful experience working with children in an educational setting
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Lifting of students up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Potential exposure to bodily fluids and communicable diseases
(Pre-K; Bilingual Pre-K; Special Education PPCD)
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 2 ($98.19 - $118.35)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: January, 2009
Revised: June 2015
Assists Pre-K/PPCD teacher in providing for the physical, instructional, social and emotional needs of students, including the preparation and management of classroom activities and routines. Assists with the implementation of Individualized Education Programs (IEP), 504 Plans, and RtI accommodations. For positions funded by Title monies or for positions at campuses identified as a campus-wide Title campus, the position supports grant activities aimed at improving academic achievement for students struggling to meet state standards.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment used: personal computer, copier, telephone, audiovisual equipment, laminator, di-cut machine, wheelchair lift, ramp, potty chair, wagon, swings, and other equipment as specified in IEPs.
For positions funded by Title monies or for positions at campuses identified as a campus-wide Title campus, the following additional qualifications apply: