Distribution Service Technician - (260 Days)
- Distribution Service Technician - (260 Days) JobID: 1905
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: Distribution Service Technician Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Assist in unloading, assembling, and stocking material as required; verify accuracy of shipments and note discrepancies or damages on required documents.
- Distribute mail, supplies, and materials as required.
- Interpret and fill requisitions for stock items; verify accuracy of orders pulled.
- Load and unload delivery vehicles by hand or mechanical means as required.
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment as required.
- Sort and store items according to established procedures.
- Maintain inventory records and take physical periodic counts as required.
- Requisition additional supplies from purchasing as needed.
- Maintain custody receipts for items being repaired or loaned out temporarily.
- Follow established security procedures; insure all controlled areas are locked at all times when not being used; control access to the warehouse and vehicles as required.
- Receive, sort, and deliver incoming and outgoing correspondence and interoffice/campus written communications.
- Meter mail and parcels with postage; sort and deliver outgoing mail; process mail and bulk mailings as required.
- Perform required daily equipment safety inspections.
- Operate tools, equipment, and vehicles according to prescribed standards; follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, carrying, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any correctable situations to supervisory personnel immediately.
- Assist in maintaining warehouse cleanliness.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate hand tools, mechanical and electrical equipment
- Ability to perform basic math and read supply requisitions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to operate light trucks
- Basic computer knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver’s license with record of safe driving
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Heavy lifting and carrying
- Exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Work around machines with moving parts and moving vehicles
- Exposure to dampness, humidity, and slippery and uneven walking surfaces
Department/School: Facility Services Pay Grade: OS 3
Reports to: Supervisor of Distribution Services HR Date Approved: November, 2006
Revised: January 2011
Contributes to the smooth flow of information, communications, educational materials and supplies throughout the district. Assists in receiving, storing, issuing and delivering of equipment, tools, and supplies.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Mail postage machine, scale, hand tools, ladder, forklift, dolly, pallet jack, handtruck, computer, calculator, light truck