Data Clerk - (210 Days)
- Data Clerk - (210 Days) JobID: 2618
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
New Directions High School - KLC   Job Title: Data Clerk—High School Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Maintain student demographic data on computer; input at-risk information, graduation codes, and drop-out information for PEIMS.
- Prepare master class schedule for each school year; make changes as directed by counselors or administrators.
- Maintain scheduling data on computer; print, burst, sort, and mail schedules.
- Coordinate grading process, including processing of scan sheets, verification and correction of grades, and printing and distribution of report cards.
- Post nine weeks grades to academic history; enter summer school grades into appropriate databases.
- Prepare and distribute University Interscholastic League (UIL) eligibility lists.
- Calculate grade point averages, class rank, and prepare honor rolls.
- Assist campus administration and counselors with the preparation of reports and student data information.
- Print schedule books, grade books, address books, alpha lists, and address labels.
- Print transcripts for permanent student records.
- Maintain physical and computerized records including progress and failure reports, class rosters, grade books, and attendance reports.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop or maintain spreadsheets and databases, and do word processing
- Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
- Basic math skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years successful clerical experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 4 ($120.71 - $145.36)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: September, 2006
Maintains accurate student records for the campus. Performs data entry including Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data and grades and prepares a variety of student reports.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax machine, and telephone