Crossing Guard - (177 Days)
- Crossing Guard - (177 Days) JobID: 2522
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Indian Springs Middle   Job Title: Crossing Guard Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Assist students and parents in crossing the street safely.
- Report any areas of concern to the campus principal.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of pedestrian safety rules and vehicular laws
- Ability to communicate effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work in outdoor environment
- Exposure to all types of weather
- Frequent standing and walking across street
- Frequent lifting of hand-held sign
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: OS 1 ($10.42/hr)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: November, 2006
Promotes safety and well being of students as they cross the street.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Hand-held stop sign; wear a safety vest