Counseling Function Specialist III - (226 Days)
- Counseling Function Specialist III - (226 Days) JobID: 2612
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Specialist - Function
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Function Specialist III Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Print, distribute, verify and collect monthly timesheets for paraprofessionals in the assigned area; monitor and process leave requests and reports; compile and submit to appropriate department.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support as needed.
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms and prepare agendas as requested; attend meetings as assigned for the purpose of taking minutes and gathering information required to perform functions.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements following established guidelines; process expense receipts for reimbursement.
- Maintain physical and computerized documents, files, and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Prepare, process, and track all purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks to maintain accurate department budget records.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and materials; order office supplies as needed.
- Receive, prioritize and reroute incoming mail and other documents; prepare outgoing mail.
- Generate purchase orders and maintain budget records for assigned activities.
- Compile pertinent data to prepare local, state, and federal reports and comply with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Work on special assignments, projects, and programs as directed.
- Coordinate departmental activities as directed.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs as directed.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do wordprocessing
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree (preferred)
- Three (3) years successful secretarial/related experience
- Experience in a public education environment (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions and multiple priorities
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional moving and lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Department/School: Assigned Department Pay Grade: PR 8 ($161.00 - $194.02)
Function: Assigned Function
Reports to: Assigned Supervisor HR Date Approved: November 2011
Assists with the daily operation of assigned office and provides administrative and secretarial support to supervisors of assigned area. Handles confidential information and has frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.