Counseling Function Specialist II - (226 Days)
- Counseling Function Specialist II - (226 Days) JobID: 2585
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Specialist - Function
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Function Specialist II Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Answer incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff; respond to questions, requests, and issues from staff, parents, and community that fall within level of responsibility.
- Provide clerical support to and maintain schedule of appointments for assigned supervisor.
- Prepare required federal, state, and local reports; prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, schedules, and contracts as assigned; copy and distribute reports, documents, and information as required.
- Maintain accurate physical and computerized departmental files and systems.
- Responsible for various facets of the assigned department including but not limited to: performing bookkeeping tasks, maintaining accurate records of assigned budget(s), making travel and hotel arrangements following established guidelines; processing expense receipts for reimbursement, and helping plan events such as banquets, dinners, award ceremonies, etc.
- Assist with all facets of the assigned department including but not limited to: preparing items for board meetings, preparing, processing, and tracking all purchase orders and payment authorizations, processing and monitoring Public Information Act requests, receiving, sorting, and distributing mail and other documents, and maintaining inventories of supplies and material and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Work on special assignments, projects, and programs as directed.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs as directed.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding, calculator, and file maintenance skills
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases, and do word processing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree (preferred)
- Three (3) years successful secretarial/related experience
- Experience in public education environment (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions and multiple priorities
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional moving and lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Department/School: Assigned Department Pay Grade: PR 7 ($147.73 - $177.99)
Function: Assigned Function
Reports to: Assigned Supervisor HR Date Approved: November 2011
Provides secretarial/clerical support in assigned area. Organizes and assists with management of the work activities of assigned area(s).
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Computer, printer, multi-line telephone, calculator, copier, shredder, fax machine, and scanner