Co-Curricular Aide - (183 days)
- Co-Curricular Aide - (183 days) JobID: 2576
- Position Type:
Educational Paraprofessional/Aide, Co-Curricular
- Date Posted:
Park Glen Elementary   Job Title: Co-Curricular Aide Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and displays.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly equipment room and/or classroom.
- Assist with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instruction and demonstrations assigned by the teacher.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom, according to duties assigned.
- Interact with students in an equitable manner, including the fair application of rules; help manage the behavior of assigned students as needed and according to district policy.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Inform teacher of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of sports and fine arts programs
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- Successful experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting
- Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institute of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment required by No Child Left Behind Act.
- Two (2) years successful experience working with children in an educational setting
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Work with large number of students at one time
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, and other physical exertion
- Frequent lifting and moving of up to 30 lbs.
- Extended periods of time in the sun and heat
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 1 ($91.95 - $110.63)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: August, 2006
Revised: February, 2010
Assists co-curricular teacher in preparation and management of activities and administrative requirements of the co-curricular program.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment used: computer, printer, copy machine, laminator, audiovisual equipment, telephone, di-cut machine
For positions funded by Title monies or for positions at campuses identified as a campus-wide Title campus, the following additional qualifications apply: