Child Nutrition Specialist Barista II - (177 Days)
- Child Nutrition Specialist Barista II - (177 Days) JobID: 2567
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition/Specialist - Child Nutrition
- Date Posted:
Central High   Job Title: Child Nutrition Specialist II - Barista Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Greets customers in a courteous manner, takes orders, mixes and serves beverages to meet the specifications of the customer.
- Prepare/cook quality food and beverage according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes following the HACCP Principles for food safety, including preparation of salads, pastries, parfait, and other “grab-and-go” food items that are sold in the coffee shop.
- Serve food and beverage according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Clean coffee machines, blenders, service areas, dishes, and utensils.
- Supervise storage and handling of food and beverage products and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area; keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Maintain coffee shop/kiosk in an attractive and organized manner, including merchandising and display.
- Report immediately to cafeteria manager any inferior quality food received or any service problems with vendors.
- Report to cafeteria manager any accident occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria premises.
- Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms as designated by manager.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Follow established policies and procedures for cash handling
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Assist manager with receiving and inventory counting and controls.
- Assist manager with product ordering.
- Assist manager with monitoring and reviewing production records for coffee shop.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions
- Ability to follow recipes and use necessary equipment for food preparation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Previous barista/food-handling experience preferred.
- Quantity food preparation and serving equipment : i.e. large and small kitchen equipment and tools including coffee makers, grinders, blenders, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
- Point of Sale Cash Register
- Completion of sufficient education or training to read, write, and follow directions
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent lifting of 30+ lbs.
- Walking, stooping, bending, standing on concrete for long periods of time
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures
- Use of hazardous cleaning supplies
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: OS 2 ($12.14 - $14.63)
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager HR Date Approved: July 2018
Prepares and serves appropriate quantities of food and beverage to meet menu requirements. Maintains high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.