Child Nutrition Specialist Barista I - (177 Days)
- Child Nutrition Specialist Barista I - (177 Days) JobID: 2420
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition/Specialist - Child Nutrition
- Date Posted:
Central High   Job Title: Child Nutrition Specialist – Barista - I Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Greets customers in a courteous manner, takes orders, mixes and serves beverages to meet the specifications of the customer.
- Assist to prepare/cook quality food and beverage according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes following the HACCP Principles for food safety.
- Serve food and beverage according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Clean coffee machines, blenders, service areas, dishes, and utensils
- Supervise storage and handling of food and beverage products and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area; keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Maintain coffee shop/kiosk in an attractive and organized manner, including merchandising and display
- Report immediately to cafeteria manager any inferior quality food received or any service problems with vendors.
- Report to cafeteria manager any accident occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria premises or coffee shop.
- Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms as designated by manager.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Follow established policies and procedures for cash handling.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisorimmediately.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions
- Ability to follow recipes and use necessary equipment for food preparation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Basic food-handling skills
- Quantity food preparation and serving equipment : I.E. large and small kitchen equipment and tools including coffee makers, grinders, blenders, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, and food and utility cart.
- Point of Sale Cash Register
- Completion of sufficient education or training to read, write, and follow directions
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent lifting of 30+ lbs.
- Walking, stooping, bending, standing on concrete for long periods of time
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures
- Use of hazardous cleaning supplies
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: OS 1 ($10.42 - $12.40)
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager HR Date Approved: July 2018
Assists Child Nutrition Specialist Barista - II to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food and beverage to meet menu requirements. Maintains high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.