Campus Secretary - (220 Days)
- Campus Secretary - (220 Days) JobID: 2670
- Position Type:
Office/Clerical Paraprofessional/Secretary - Campus
- Date Posted:
New Directions High School - KLC   Job Title: Secretary—Keller Learning Center Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Prepare correspondence, memorandums, forms, requisitions, and reports for the school office; update campus documents as assigned.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for principal.
- Maintain supplies for the school; order supplies as needed; input all information on purchases of supplies and equipment in the computer.
- Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks; maintain accurate records of school budget and activity accounts.
- Prepare, process, and track all purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Maintain petty cash account.
- Collect all money and process for deposit (field trips, school store, etc.).
- Answer incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff; handle questions and requests that fall within level of responsibility.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to school staff.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Proficient keyboarding, calculator, and file maintenance skills
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases, and do word processing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years successful clerical experience
- Experience in public education environment and public relations (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Repetitive hand motions
- Prolonged use of computer
- Possible lifting 25+ lbs.
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 6 ($138.09 - $166.37)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: September, 2006
Organizes and manages the routine work activities of the school office and provides clerical support services to the school’s administrative staff.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Equipment Used: Computer, printers, calculator, fax machine, typewriter, copier, telephone, laminator