Cafeteria Manager - (180 Days)
- Cafeteria Manager - (180 Days) JobID: 2498
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Keller High   Job Title: Cafeteria Manager Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Supervise and instruct kitchen personnel in the safe, proper, and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Check food shipments; verify each order and sign invoices.
- Determine the quantities of each food to be prepared daily; determine the size of serving to meet the necessary age requirements.
- Supervise and assist food preparation according to a planned menu using standardized recipes; evaluate quality of finished product.
- Record monthly food inventories and yearly equipment inventories.
- Maintain inventory control.
- Order all necessary supplies weekly.
- Report immediately to supervisor any accident occurring in the kitchen or cafeteria premises.
- Document any personnel problems and confer with supervisor.
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety; operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Report inferior quality food received or service problems with vendors to supervisor.
- Supervise the daily cleaning of all preparation and serving equipment.
- Count and deposit daily income.
- Plan and establish the “a la carte” and combo meals sales.
- Oversee the marketing and promotion of meal concepts.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned staff
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions
- Ability to follow recipes and use necessary equipment for food preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years successful related experience
- Successful assistant manager experience (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Lifting 30+ lbs.
- Walking, stooping, bending, and standing on concrete for long periods of time
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures
- Use of hazardous cleaning supplies
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: OS 6 ($142.08 - $171.20)
Reports to: Coordinator of Food Services HR Date Revised: August, 2007
Revised: July 2013
Provides supervision, training, and managing of campus food service operation. Ensures that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served and maintains high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment Used: Quantity food preparation and serving equipment