Cafeteria Assistant Manager - (180 days)
- Cafeteria Assistant Manager - (180 days) JobID: 2620
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition/Assistant Manager
- Date Posted:
Keller Middle   Job Title: Assistant Cafeteria Manager Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Instruct kitchen personnel in the safe, proper, and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Assist in checking food shipments; verify each order and sign invoices.
- Prepare and supervise food preparation according to a planned menu using standardized recipes.
- Assist with monthly food inventories and yearly equipment inventories as directed.
- Assist with maintaining inventory control.
- Assist in preparation of weekly food orders.
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety; operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Report inferior quality food received or service problems with vendors to supervisor.
- Assist and supervise the daily cleaning of all preparation and serving equipment.
- Assume all cafeteria manager’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Assist the manager in calculations for daily food service records.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to assist in managing personnel
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate instructions
- Ability to follow recipes and use necessary equipment for food preparation
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year successful related work experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Lifting 30+ lbs.
- Walking, stooping, bending, and standing on concrete for long periods of time
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures
- Use of hazardous cleaning supplies
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: OS 3 ($12.99/hr - $15.65/hr)
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager HR Date Approved: November, 2006
Revised: May 2012
Assists with the supervision, training, and managing of campus food service operation. Ensures that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served and maintains high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment Used: Quantity food preparation and serving equipment