Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician - (260 Days)
- Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician - (260 Days) JobID: 2467
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Custodial/ Security/Maintenance General
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values, perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs; assist fleet maintenance technician to complete major repairs.
- Repair edgers, weed-eaters, leaf blowers, lawnmowers, etc. as needed.
- Service equipment according to establised preventative maintenance schedule.
- Maintain accurate reports of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
- Assist in keeping shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct undafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perfom repairs independently.
- Ability to operate equipment tools involved in vehicle repair.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver's license with a record of safe driving
- Successful related experience preferred
- Lifting of 60+ pounds
- Frequent bending, standing, and crawling for access to areas under buildings.
- Climbing ladders and scaffold to move equipment and tools needed for job location
- Work in all weather conditions
- May require overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Work irregular hours
Department/School: Facility Services Pay Grade: OS 4 ($14.68/hr - $17.68/hr)
Reports to: Facility Projects Manager HR Date Approved: April 2012
SUMMARY: Assists the fleet maintenance department in maintaining and repairing; performaing minor mechanical repairs; performs scheduled maintenence to ensure proper performance and safety of distict vehicles, grounds and mechanical equipment.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.