Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician - (260 Days)
- Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician - (260 Days) JobID: 1628
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Custodial/ Security/Maintenance General
- Date Posted:
Maintenance and Operations   Job Title: Assistant Fleet Maintenance Technician Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values, perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs; assist fleet maintenance technician to complete major repairs.
- Repair edgers, weed-eaters, leaf blowers, lawnmowers, etc. as needed.
- Service equipment according to established preventative maintenance schedule.
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventative maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
- Assist in keeping shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Accurately report work hours using the time clock to report start and end times.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, ad respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform repairs independently.
- Ability to operate equipment tools involved in vehicle repair
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a record of safe driving
- Successful related experience preferred
- Lifting of 60+ pounds
- Frequent bending, standing, and crawling for access to areas under buildings.
- Climbing ladders and scaffold to move equipment and tools needed for job location
- Work in all weather conditions
- May require overtime or shifted hours
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Work irregular hours
Department/School: Facility Services Pay Grade: OS 4 ($13.71 - $16.51)
Reports to: Facility Projects Manager HR Date Approved: April 2012
Assists the fleet maintenance department in maintaining and repairing; performing minor mechanical repairs; performs scheduled maintenance to ensure proper performance and safety of district vehicles, grounds and mechanical equipment.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment used: Hand tools, electrical test meters, forklift, wet dry vacuums, auto scrubbers, string trimmers, saws, axes, spray equipment, tire repair equipment, small hand tools, drill, drill press, grinder, air-powered tools, welding torch, torque wrench, jack and lift equipment.