Area Director, Student Services (226 Days)
- Area Director, Student Services (226 Days) JobID: 2574
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center
- Maintain a commitment to the district mission; model district expectations through personal leadership and example; and actively support the efforts of others to achieve District goals.
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support district goals.
- Utilize effective communication and collaboration skills between and among various areas of the organization to maximize service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction in assigned area of responsibility; demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in relating to staff, the Board of Trustees, and community members.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other district offices and administrators; provide assistance to departments requesting and utilizing services provided; and represent the department as may be required in meetings and other outside activities.
- Define program needs to be addressed through facility and budget planning; develop annual operating budget recommendations for assigned units and functions that are aligned with District goals and documented program needs; demonstrate responsible fiscal control over assigned program budgets.
- Analyze the critical needs in assigned areas and conduct team efforts to design, implement, measure and refine assigned programs.
- Implement vertical and horizontal systems integration initiatives to support high student discipline and attendance standards and customer satisfaction.
- Assist and guide principals with parent/student attendance issues.
- Provide assistance to departments requesting and utilizing services provided; and represent the department as may be required in meetings and other outside activities.
- Review and address discipline matters in accordance with Board Policy and Texas Education Code.
- Assist campuses in resolving parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner. Ensure the discipline management system and Student Code of Conduct are administered consistently at schools to promote equity, effectiveness, and student success.
- Ensure all campuses implement activities to recognize students’ efforts and accomplishments.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among assigned staff and campus administrators to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Apply research and data to develop, implement, and monitor policies, programs, and activities designed to accomplish the mission of the district in assigned area of responsibility; lead in the development of innovative programs.
- Establish a familiar presence on campuses.
- Maintain a current knowledge of local, state and federal guidelines, regulations, and laws.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in the development of campus leadership through ongoing professional development.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
Knowledge of state and federal laws, state and local policies, administrative guidelines and current school administration practices
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Skill in coordinating District functions
Maintain emotional control under stress
Work with frequent interruptions
Frequent District-wide and occasional statewide travel
Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Job Title: Area Director, Student Services Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Student Services Pay Grade: AD 7 ($80,583.00- $99,485.00)
Function: Educational Support
Reports to: Chief of Schools HR Date Approved: July 2018
HR Date Revised: October 2018
Directs and provides leadership for a broad range of campus and student management related duties to ensure programs meet the needs of students and comply with all state, federal, and local requirements. Provides leadership and assistance to administrators and teachers in the areas of district policy, standard procedures, and student discipline procedures. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring effective and efficient processes for discipline, attendance, and conflict resolution.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.