Application Support Analyst (226 Days)
- Application Support Analyst (226 Days) JobID: 2605
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Education Center - Annex
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support District goals.
- Provide support and problem resolution for student administrative systems (i.e. SIS & online registration, gradebook, student and/or parent portals and student related business processes).
- Function as a subject matter expert by researching and assisting with system setups, software updates and enhancements.
- Create and maintain reporting and documentation for student related processes.
- Identify and coordinate individual or small group training needs, as necessary.
- Maintain excellent working relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers, staff, and third-party vendors.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives as well as current role in the district.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives
- Comply with the Employees Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated learner with demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to anticipate, detect, troubleshoot and resolve problems in application software.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems documentation and technical assistance manuals.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Working knowledge of report writing tools (e.g., Microsoft SSRS), preferred.
- Working knowledge of student information systems (e.g., eSchoolPLUS), preferred.
- Working knowledge of teacher gradebook systems (e.g., Teacher Access Center), preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, preferred or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with 3 years of related IT work experience
- Three (3) or more years of progressively responsible application support, help desk or analyst experience.
- One (1) or more years of experience with SQL, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Job Title: Application Support Analyst Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Technology Pay Grade: AD 4
Reports to: Assistant Director, Student Administrative Systems HR Date Approved: October 2018
HR Date Revised: November 2018
Provides daily user support and troubleshooting in the operation of student administrative systems, including, but not limited to, the student information system (SIS), student online registration and related business processes.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks sdsdsa by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title andall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.