Application Support Analyst (226 Days)
- Application Support Analyst (226 Days) JobID: 2552
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Education Center - Annex   Job Title: Application Support Analyst Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support District goals.
- Provide support and problem resolution for student administrative systems (i.e. SIS & online registration, gradebook, student and/or parent portals and student related business processes).
- Function as a subject matter expert by researching and assisting with system setups, software updates and enhancements.
- Create and maintain reporting and documentation for student related processes.
- Identify and coordinate individual or small group training needs, as necessary.
- Maintain excellent working relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers, staff, and third-party vendors.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives as well as current role in the district.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives
- Comply with the Employees Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Student Enterprise applications (PowerSchool eSchoolPLUS preferred).
- Working knowledge of a teacher gradebook system, preferably Teacher Access Center (TAC).
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems documentation and technical assistance manuals.
- Ability to detect, troubleshoot and resolve problems in application software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum three (3) years of application support or help desk experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with a student information system, preferably eSchoolPLUS.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with SQL, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Mininum one (1) year of experience with a report writing tool (i.e. Microsoft SSRS), preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a K-12 public education environment, preferred.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Department/School: Technology Pay Grade: AD 4 ($284.93- $356.16)
Reports to: Assistant Director, Student Administrative Systems HR Date Approved: October 2018
HR Date Revised:
Provides daily user support and troubleshooting in the operation of student administrative systems, including, but not limited to, the student information system (SIS), student online registration and related business processes.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks sdsdsa by positions found in this job description.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title andall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.