2018-2019 Teacher - Social Emotional Learning (187 Days)
- 2018-2019 Teacher - Social Emotional Learning (187 Days) JobID: 2286
- Position Type:
Teacher, Elementary School
- Date Posted:
Various Campuses   Job Title: Teacher – Social Emotional Learning Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support district goals.
- Support classroom environments conducive to effective behavior and appropriate for thephysical, social, and emotional development of all students.
- Provide professional development for campus staff in the areas of successful instructional strategies, at-risk interventions, and curriculum modification and acceleration as related to the District’s social and emotional learning model.
- Develop teachers on instructional best practices through modeling, coaching, and presentations.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers on an as needed basis to implement appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, and materials to ensure learning success of students.
- Provide teachers with documented support to assist in social emotional learning interventions of identified students.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus administration in an effort to support teachers social emotional learning growth
- Provide appropriate modeling in classrooms for students receiving social emotional learning interventions.
- Actively engage identified students in the learning process; plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the social emotion learning needs.
- Monitor and assess social emotional learning progress of students through observation and informal assessments; ensure that assessment and feedback are aligned with goals and objectives; provide opportunities for application of coping skills and learned behavioral adjustments.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel;ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and social emotional learning intervention goals, and the varied needs of students.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of social emotional learning intervention programs and strategies
- Knowledge of social skills development systems and strategies
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to work productively with students and adults in various settings
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Special Education certification (preferred)
- Valid Texas teacher certificate for subject and level assigned
- Successful student teaching experience or approved internship
- Special Education teaching background (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Travel among campuses
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
- Occasional and prolonged irregular hours may be necessary to meet with identified students
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Function: Educational Support
Reports to: Director of Guidance and Counseling HR Date Approved: May 2018
Provides students with appropriate social, emotional and learning activities and experiences to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enables students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.