2018-2019 Teacher - ESL Elementary/Intermediate (187 Days)
- 2018-2019 Teacher - ESL Elementary/Intermediate (187 Days) JobID: 2295
- Position Type:
Teacher, Elementary School
- Date Posted:
Various Campuses   Job Title: Teacher-ESL - Elem/Int (Comp Ed) Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
- Develop and maintain an instructional environment conducive to effective learning.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required; present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Actively engage limited English proficient students in the learning process; plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and professional support staff to ensure the individual needs of students are being addressed through supplemental services.
- Evaluate, monitor and document student progress in English language acquisition for program placement, recommendation of state assessments for ELLs and program continuation.
- Follow state, federal and local guidelines established for English as Second Language program.
- Collaborate with teacher of record and other campus staff to ensure appropriate supplemental services are provided.
- Instruct limited English proficient at-risk students in small group and large group settings 100% of school day.
- Utilize technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and campus goals, assigned subject content and the varied needs of students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by TEA and the district; file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of core academic subject(s) assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Basic technology competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Texas teacher certificate for level assigned and ESL or bilingual certificate.
- Successful student teaching experience or approved internship
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Funding Source: Comp Ed
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Teacher Schedule
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: February 2012
Provides supplemental language instruction to limited English proficient students using appropriate learning activities and strategies, with a primary focus on beginner through intermediate language level students. Provides supplemental instruction and diagnostic assessment that enables students to develop competencies and skills for linguistic and academic success.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.