2018-2019 Substitute Teacher
- 2018-2019 Substitute Teacher JobID: 2433
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Various KISD Campuses   SUMMARY:
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively.
- Reports to the principal or campus designee upon arrival at least 20 minutes before the official school opening.
- Reviews with the principal, team leader, department head, etc. all lesson plans and schedules to be followed for that day.
- Implements the lesson plans that are left by the teacher.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during duty time and recess periods.
- Manages student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, student handbook and campus expectations.
- Takes all necessary reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Writes a note about work completed at the end of each teaching day and leaves it for the regular classroom teacher.
- Reports to the campus principal or campus designee at the conclusion of the teaching day concerning any problems, instructions to the returning teacher, etc.
- Performs all extra duties for absent teacher as required by Campus Principal or Campus designee
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise students
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient, flexible and versatile
- Basic technology competencies
- Model good moral standards
- High School diploma or GED to substitute for an Aide
- High School diploma or GED and 30+ college hours from an accredited college/university to substitute for a teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree and appropriate certification required for long-term assignments
- Highly Qualified required if position vacant and position requires Highly Qualified personnel
- Experience working with children and young adults preferred
- Copier, classroom computer, iPad and audiovisual equipment.
- Special Education placements may require equipment use specific to a student’s needs.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
Supervise the daily activities of assigned students and perform the classroom duties of the regular teacher/aide as appropriate.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: