2018-2019 Special Education Teacher Program Specialist (187 days)
- 2018-2019 Special Education Teacher Program Specialist (187 days) JobID: 2204
- Position Type:
Special Education/SPED Tchr - Adult Trans., Life, STARS, STACC, STRIDES Res/Inclusion, VAC
- Date Posted:
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
- Assist the Special Education teachers, support staff, campus personnel, and Special Education service providers.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program for Special Education students and show written evidence of preparation as required; present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Assist with staff development of programs and innovation of special methods and approaches specific to meeting student needs in the special education settings.
- Assist with program development for any of the state/federal identified disability categories.
- Collaborate with principals and other campus administrators who oversee the provision of special education services at their schools.
- Serve as liaison with professionals, the community, parents and agencies regarding special education laws, procedures, policies, programs and placement.
- Assist the Executive Director in monitoring local plan implementation, legal compliance and data collection.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the areas of assessment, placement, and planning for Special Education services.
- Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience serving students with disabilities
- Knowledgeable in Special Education laws and requirements
- Skill in interpreting and communicating federal law, state law and local school board policies
- Skill in implementing communication and collaboration between and among various areas of an organization
- Skill in mediation and facilitation of group and/or individual problem resolution
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree ( preferred)
- Valid Texas special education teacher certificate or appropriate Related Service licensure
- Three (3) years successful Special Education teaching or related services field experience.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned
- Moderate lifting and carrying required in working with Special Education students
Job Title: Program Specialist Special Education Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Special Education Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Reports to: Executive Director of Special Education HR Date Approved: May 2017
Provides technical assistance and support in the area of Special Education programming. Promotes quality and compliance of programs and services to improve student achievement.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: