2018-2019 Spanish Teacher/Boys Football & Basketball Coach (187 days)
- 2018-2019 Spanish Teacher/Boys Football & Basketball Coach (187 days) JobID: 2533
- Position Type:
Teacher, Intermediate/Middle School/Foreign Language
- Date Posted:
Fossil Hill Middle   Job Title: Teacher Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required; present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Actively engage students in the learning process; plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Monitor and assess academic progress of students through formal and informal assessments; ensure that assessment and feedback are aligned with goals and objectives; provide opportunities for relearning and re-evaluation of material.
- Identify students who are at-risk and develop appropriate strategies to assist these students.
- Utilize technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Monitor attendance of all students in assigned classes; contact parents, counselors, or other school officials regarding an intervention plan for students with serious attendance problems.
- Collaborate with other faculty and administration to improve State assessment performance of all students on the campus.
- Effectively implement the discipline-management procedures approved by the campus; interact with students in an equitable manner, including the fair application of rules.
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and campus goals, assigned subject content and the varied needs of students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by TEA and the district; file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of core academic subject(s) assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Basic technology competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Texas teacher certificate for subject and level assigned
- Successful student teaching experience or approved internship
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Teacher Schedule
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: December 2015
Revised: December 2016
Provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the subject area(s) assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enables students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.