2018-2019 Social Worker (Grant) Part-Time(187 Days)
- 2018-2019 Social Worker (Grant) Part-Time(187 Days) JobID: 2649
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and effectively manage resources to support District goals.
- Coordinate the collaboration of assigned vertical and horizontal systems to support high student achievement and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and collaborate between and among various areas of the organization to provide enhanced service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Counseling department to develop standards and communicate these standards to Keller ISD personnel, students, and parents.
- Conduct an annual needs assessment using multiple sources of data, to be used as the foundation for campus(s) operations planning.
- Plan, design, and lead professional development sessions for Keller ISD personnel as well as community members and other participants.
- Deliver evidence-based services, based on identified student and school needs, and/or to build and reinforce student assets. These include Level One (school-wide) and Level Two services (case-managed).
- Regularly – at least quarterly – monitor the progress toward meeting the goals stated in the comprehensive site operations plan, and the progress of individual students, and adjust services as needed. This includes providing regular progress reports as required.
- Regularly and systematically collect required data and report / submit as required.
- Ensure that the family has a role in the support of the identified student, through home visits, phone calls and other methods of communication that are applicable to the specific family.
- Collaborate with school staff to assess, identify and prioritize student needs and make appropriate linkages to needed academic, physical or social services to children in need.
- Provide overall case management and dropout prevention services to an identified group of students – ensuring that their social, emotional, medical and educational needs are addresses – as resources are available at the school / community level.
- Successfully recruit, train, and retain community volunteers by providing overall scheduling and coordination of volunteer/ student relations. (One-on-one relationship with a caring adult).
- Seek to be a valued member of the school community, by pursuing membership on the campus counseling team or other teams/groups within the school that would support the role of the Social Worker.
- Where offered, coordinate and/or support after-school services offered to students
- Link to community agencies to provide support to students, in partnership with school staff (counselor, social worker).
- Keep accurate, updated and complete records on enrollments and progress toward achieving goals as stated in student plans and site plans.
- Work with direct supervisor to refine and implement improved systems for documenting activities / program services delivered to all identified students and their families.
- Provide networking opportunities for volunteers and community partners.
- Provide leadership in securing community resources beneficial in improving student’s physical and academic needs
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, parents, and community members.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with District goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of TEA/federal related rules, regulations and procedures
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in conducting team efforts to design, implement, measure and refine programs and services
- Skill in communicating effectively with parents, students, staff, and community
- Skill in implementing integration and interaction of vertical and horizontal systems to guarantee the support of high student achievement and customer satisfaction
- Skill in analyzing complex information
- Skill in making oral and written presentations
- Valid Texas Licensed Bacculaureate Social Worker (LBSW) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Two (2) years successful social work experience.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Job Title: Social Worker (GRANT) Part-Time Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Educational Support Pay Grade:
Reports to: Director of Federal Programs HR Date Approved: January 2019
The Social Worker will identify and access the needs of at-risk youth, while coordinating human service partnerships to delivered necessary services. Responsible for overall program management of the assigned campus(s).
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.