2018-2019 Registered Nurse (187 Days)
- 2018-2019 Registered Nurse (187 Days) JobID: 2065
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
Provide temporary and emergency care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols; notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
Serve as health advocate for students; provide health counseling and instruction to individual students; make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school; administer medications according to district policy and procedures.
- Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs as required by Texas Department of Health, Texas Education Agency, and district policy; make referrals as necessary.
- Develop and coordinate continuing evaluation of campus health program and make changes based on findings.
- Participate in development of campus health education curriculum and provide health education to individuals and groups; educate faculty and staff as needed on health related topics.
- Serve as health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee; collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
Communicate regularly with principal, health services coordinator, staff, and parents regarding health services issues; report potential health and safety hazards to principal.
Review and evaluate student immunization records.
- Supervise and train health aide(s) and LVN(s) in clinic procedures and responsibilities according to district policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
Requisition supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rules, State Board of Education rules, and board policy; comply with all district and campus routines and regulations and verbal and written directives.
Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
Maintain certification in CPR, vision and hearing screening, and as a health screener.
Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and campus goals.
Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health defects
Ability to provide direct care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process and established school health protocols
Ability to develop and implement individual health plans for medically fragile students
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to implement policies and procedures
Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program
Valid registered nurse license from the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
Certified by Texas Department of Health to conduct vision and hearing screening
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Two (2) years successful nursing experience
- Community health experience (preferred)
Maintain emotional control under stress
- Exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
- Moderate lifting and carrying required in working with special education students
Occasional district-wide travel
Job Title: Nurse, Registered Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Salary Schedule
Reports to: Director of Health Services/Principal HR Date Approved: September 2007
Implements a comprehensive program of health services for campus. Provides health services to students and promotes health education and preventive health practices for students.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: