2018-2019 Lead High School Counselor (207 days)
- 2018-2019 Lead High School Counselor (207 days) JobID: 2478
- Position Type:
Teacher, High School/Counselor
- Date Posted:
Timber Creek High
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams; and manage resources to effectively support district goals.
- Coordinate the collaboration of assigned vertical and horizontal systems to support high student achievement and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and collaborate between and among various areas of the organization to provide enhanced service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and advocate for a comprehensive developmental guidance program that includes the four components (1) Guidance Curriculum, (2) Responsive Services, (3) Individual Planning, and (4) System Support specified in the Texas Education Code (§33.005) to meet student and community needs; ensure counseling office functions are directly related to district educational goals.
- Organize personnel, physical resources, and activities in relation to defined needs, priorities, and objectives in order to maintain the program’s contribution to the total educational program; conduct senior survey and analyze program needs based on student feedback.
- Proactively assist all students to develop and apply skills for maximum educational, career, personal, and social growth; serve as coordinator to bring together people and resources in the home, school, district, and community to support students’ optimal development.
- Maintain a communication system that effectively collects and disseminates information on higher education as required by Senate Bill 158 as well as career opportunities, military service, and testing dates and deadlines.
- Advise and assist students in appropriate course selection.
- Serve as the chairperson for the SAVE Committee as directed by campus administrator; address student scheduling needs.
- Utilize guidance and counseling competencies to provide developmentally appropriate activities and to meet students’ developmental needs, personal concerns, or problems affecting their educational, career, personal or social development.
- Co-facilitate CARE team with assigned assistant principals.
- Plan and teach guidance curriculum lessons consistent with the district’s guidance program plan and tailored to campus needs; oversee Character Education training and implementation.
- Address the immediate concerns of students through counseling and consultation.
- Provide professional expertise to promote understanding of student development, individual behavior, and human relationships; consult with parents, staff, and other community members in order to increase the effectiveness of student education and promote student success.
- Interpret tests results and other available student data appropriately; guide student goal setting and planning by promoting understanding of standardized test results and other assessment data.
- Utilize an effective referral process for assisting students and others to use special programs and services.
- Coordinate registration with feeder campus sites.
- Serve as home bound liaison.
- Organize and oversee college night.
- Communicate summer school information and oversee the enrollment process.
- Serve as middle school designee for academic associate for organization of summer credit by exam requests.
- Advocate for a school environment that acknowledges and respects diversity.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, parents, and community members.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Promote and follow ethical standards for school counselors.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance to assigned counseling aides and counseling assistants.
- Knowledge of comprehensive guidance programs, counseling procedures, intervention skills, student appraisal and career development
- Knowledge of academic programs, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of TEA/federal related rules, regulations and procedures
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in conducting team efforts to design, implement, measure and refine programs and services
- Skill in communicating effectively with parents, students, staff, and community
- Skill in implementing integration and interaction of vertical and horizontal systems to guarantee the support of high student achievement and customer satisfaction
- Skill in analyzing complex information
- Skill in making oral and written presentations
- Master’s degree
- Valid Texas counselor certificate
- Two (2) years successful teaching experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Job Title:Counselor (Secondary) Wage/Hour Status:Exempt
Department/School:Assigned Campus Pay Grade:Counselor Schedule
Reports to:Principal HR Date Approved:August, 2006
Works with school faculty and staff, students, parents, and community to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program at school assigned.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.