2018-2019 Instructional Coach
- 2018-2019 Instructional Coach JobID: 2405
- Position Type:
Teacher, Elementary School
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Education Center   Job Title: Learning Coach - Content Area – 226 Days Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Provide program support and service delivery; communicate effectively within and across teams and participate in cross-functional work groups.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with assigned campuses based on a shared commitment to instructional initiatives.
- Provide differentiated staff development, as needed, in the areas of powerful instructional strategies, small group and workshop instruction, and curriculum modifications.
- Expand and develop teachers’ use of a variety of resources to improve instruction based on identified campus and/or individual needs.
- Train teachers and campus administration on instructional best practices through modeling, coaching, presentations and job-embedded professional development.
- Engage in reflective conversations with teachers and administrators.
- Support instructional staff to ensure that student achievement data drives instructional decisions at the classroom and campus level.
- Coach teachers at assigned campuses in the implementation of the districts’ curriculum and 21st century instructional practices.
- Assist in integrating continuous quality improvement processes in the existing instructional curriculum; share and model effective strategies with teachers for the effective use of quality improvement processes in the classroom.
- Provide staff development and instructional support for content and digital resources.
- Design instructional video modules, webinars, digital instructional materials, and training aids integrating the district’s recommended instructional models, instructional resources, and continuous improvement tools.
- Continually learn and build personal and professional capacity.
- Maintain a supportive, positive, and professional attitude regarding all aspects of the job responsibilities, administration, and district/campus goals.
- Devote 60% of time on assigned campuses.
- Positively represent Keller ISD and the district administration at public venues and/or activities; maintain a professional appearance, manner and work habit.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of effective, research-based instruction
- Skill in coaching and modeling instructional practices
- Knowledge of curriculum and differentiated instruction
- Strong communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
- Skill in interpreting policy, procedures, and data
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Texas teaching certificate in appropriate content area
- Appropriate content area Master’s degree (preferred)
- Five (5) years successful teaching experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Department/School: Curriculum/Instruction Pay Grade: Teacher Schedule
Reports to: Learning Coordinator – Content Area HR Date Approved: May 2015
HR Revised: June 2018
Provides professional development to support staff in the transformation of teaching and learning processes utilizing 21st century methodologies to increase student engagement and achievement. Works collaboratively with campus administrators and faculty in the design and implementation of school-wide instructional initiatives, based on campus data and in alignment with district goals, through coaching, collaborating, and co-teaching. Promotes highly effective teaching practices, i.e., classroom management through highly engaging lessons and meaningful technology integration.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.