2018-2019 Educational Diagnostician (193 Days)
- 2018-2019 Educational Diagnostician (193 Days) JobID: 2091
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
- Articulate the district mission and goals in the area of assessment services to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the assessment program and implement changes based on the findings including selection of assessment materials and equipment.
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and evaluation process; select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
- Collect and organize relevant assessment data from student’s cumulative folder, classroom teachers(s), principal, support staff, parents, and outside resource people; conduct classroom observation and personal interviews.
- Consult parents, teachers, and administrators concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
- Coordinate with all parties, prepare documentation, and participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee regarding interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
- Assist classroom teachers and other district staff with the implementation of the IEP and the development of strategies for learning to maximize student success.
- Provide staff development training as needed to assist school personnel in the identification and understanding of students with disabilities including methods for enhancement of effectiveness with students.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in special education meetings, campus committees, etc. as requested by supervisor.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the areas of assessment, placement, and planning for special education services; comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations, and verbal and written directives.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
- Ability to keep technical and professional records and to make appropriate reports and recommendations
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and data
- Master’s degree
- Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned
- Moderate lifting and carrying required in working with special education students
Job Title: Diagnostician Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Curriculum/Instruction Pay Grade: Salary Schedule
Reports to: Director of Special Education HR Date Approved: September, 2006
Implements the special education appraisal process. Assesses the educational, learning styles, and program needs of students referred to special education services. Provides diagnostic information and works cooperatively with instructional personnel to provide the most appropriate programs for students with disabilities.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: