2018-2019 Campus Administrative Substitute
- 2018-2019 Campus Administrative Substitute JobID: 2536
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Maintain a commitment to the District mission; model District expectations through personal leadership and example; and actively support the efforts of others to achieve District goals.
- Assist in supporting student achievement efforts by promoting and communicating high expectations for staff and students.
- Utilize effective communication and collaboration skills between and among various areas of the organization to maximize service delivery, program development, and student learning.
- Assist in articulating the overall educational program of the school. Assist in ensuring responsiveness to diverse sociological, linguistic, cultural, and other factors that may affect students' development and learning; ensure that quality, differentiated instructional programs are provided to meet individual student needs.
- Assist in the supervision of the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with attendance clerk on follow-up investigations.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation, custodial, cafeteria and other support services.
- Assist in effectively developing and communicating to students, staff and parents school guidelines for student conduct; ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that consequences of misconduct are applied equitably to all students; record PEIMS data related to discipline.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- As directed by the Area Superintendent, facilitate the implementation of the district’s curriculum and monitor classroom instruction to support teachers and ensure appropriate instructional strategies are utilized and relevant learning opportunities are provided for all learners.
- Assist with the management of all school facilities and equipment ensuring clean, orderly, and safe building(s) and grounds.
- Assist with safety inspections, safety drill practice activities, and crisis plan development and implementation.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues; mediate and facilitate effective resolution of conflicts in a timely manner as directed by the Area Superintendent.
- Assume responsibility for school operations as directed by the Area Superintendent.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required for all areas of responsibility including responding to telephone calls and correspondence.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Ensure compliance with district, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Implement district level professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise the performance of staff.
- Knowledge of learner-centered curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of TEA related rules, regulations, and procedures
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in managing an instructional program and teacher effectiveness
- Skill in managing personnel
- Skill in coordinating campus functions
- Skill in interpreting policy, procedures, and data
- Master’s Degree
- Valid Texas Principal Certificate
- Three (3) year successful campus administrative experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
**Please review qualifications**
Job Title: Campus Administrator Substitute Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Administrative Substitute Schedule
Reports to: Area Superintendent HR Date Approved: March 2017
HR Date Revised: September 2018
Assists in overall administration of instructional program and the supervision of campus level operations and personnel so that maximum student learning is accomplished and demonstrated. Assists in providing leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Assists in the operation of campus activities and ensuring compliance with district policies.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.