2018-2019 Assistant Principal (202 Days)
- 2018-2019 Assistant Principal (202 Days) JobID: 2581
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Keller-Harvel Elementary   Job Title: Assistant Principal (PK/Elementary/Intermediate) Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
- Maintain a commitment to the district mission; model district expectations through personal leadership and example; and actively support the efforts of others to achieve district goals.
- Assist the principal in supporting student achievement efforts by promoting and communicating high expectations for staff and students.
- Utilize effective communication and collaboration skills between and among various areas of the organization to maximize service delivery, program development, and student learning.
- Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members; assist in the development, maintenance, and utilization of information systems to record and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
- Assist the principal in formulating policy and procedures and in coordinating, planning, and articulating the overall educational program of the school.
- Ensure responsiveness to diverse sociological, linguistic, cultural, and other factors that may affect students' development and learning; ensure that quality, differentiated instructional programs are provided to meet individual student needs.
- Serve as the 504 coordinator for the campus.
- Initiate paperwork for special education referrals, transfers, and scheduling; serve as chairperson in Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) meetings.
- Serve on student support committees (i.e. CARE team) as designated by principal.
- Coordinate all local and state testing.
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with attendance clerk on follow-up investigations.
- Coordinate transportation, custodial, cafeteria and other support services.
- Serve as textbook coordinator for the campus; order and account for all books supplied by the state and prepare all related reports, as directed.
- Assist the principal in effectively developing and communicating to students, staff and parents school guidelines for student conduct; ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that consequences of misconduct are applied equitably to all students; record PEIMS data related to discipline.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- As directed by the principal, observe and monitor classroom instruction to support teachers and ensure appropriate instructional strategies are utilized and relevant learning opportunities are provided for all learners.
- As directed by the principal, observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- Assist with the management of all school facilities and equipment ensuring clean, orderly, and safe building(s) and grounds;
- Assist with safety inspections, safety drill practice activities, and crisis plan development and implementation.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues; mediate and facilitate effective resolution of conflicts in a timely manner as directed by principal.
- Participate in the development of class schedules, student placement, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
- Assume responsibility for the total school operation in the absence of the principal as directed by the principal.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required for all areas of responsibility including responding to telephone calls and correspondence.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Pursue professional development activities that align with district goals and initiatives and current professional research.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
- Knowledge of learner-centered curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of TEA related rules, regulations and procedures
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in evaluating instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Skill in managing personnel
- Skill in coordinating campus functions
- Skill in interpreting policy, procedures, and data
- Master’s degree
- Valid Texas Principal certificate
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Occasional district-wide travel
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: AD 6 ($67,094- $80,836)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: May, 2006
Revised: June 2013
Assists the school principal in overall administration of instructional program and campus level operations so that maximum student learning is accomplished and demonstrated. Coordinates assigned student activities and services.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
INTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.