Senior Head Lifeguard (245 Days)
- Senior Head Lifeguard (245 Days) JobID: 1601
- Position Type:
Part-time / Seasonal/Lifeguards
- Date Posted:
Keller ISD Natatorium   Job Title: Senior Head Lifeguard Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to the achievement of district goals.
- Conduct monthly lifeguard training; assist rescue training as needed.
- Inventory safety and first aid medical supplies; forward a written inventory to the natatorium manager for evaluation.
- Schedule junior lifeguard aides, lifeguards and head lifeguards as directed.
- Operate computer console timing equipment for swim meets, dive meets and other special events.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, regulations, and ordinances governing the conduct of persons using the natatorium.
- Scan pool area in order to detect safety concerns and practice preventative lifeguarding.
- Consistently scan pool for distressed swimmers.
- Respond to emergencies in an appropriate manner as taught by the lifeguard, first aid, and CPR training.
- Complete an incident report for all accidents and injuries; review all incident reports and notify natatorium manager of any safety factors contributing to the accidents and injuries.
- Perform all facets of general pool maintenance; monitor the cleanliness of all bathrooms and ensure proper safety.
- Respond effectively to recommended CDC guidelines for fecal containment; immediately contact appropriate personnel regarding area of contamination and treatment; complete required report and forward to the natatorium manager for review.
- Enforce and adhere to all rules and regulations of the pool.
- Request assistance from natatorium manager to maintain discipline of swimmers if needed.
- Maintain an acceptable appearance at all times with regard to both uniform and personal hygiene.
- Initiate the Natatorium Emergency Action Plan (EAP) when appropriate.
- Attend required monthly lifeguard training; assist the natatorium manager with in-service rescue training as needed.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisorimmediately.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise the performance of assigned staff.
- Knowledge of pool safety
- Knowledge of how to prevent accidents and how to react if there is an accident
- Ability to swim long distances with great strength
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Equipment Used: Safety equipment, rescue tube, spine backboard, automated external defibrillator, wheelchair lift, radio communication equipment
- Red Cross Professional Lifeguard Certification
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification
- Red Cross AED/Oxygen Administration Certification
- Bloodborne Pathogen Certification
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification (LGI)
- Two (2) years successful seasonal head lifeguard experience
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Exposure to high humidity
- Exposure to normal chemical hazards in pool water (chlorine, sodium bicarbonate, soda ash)
- Periodic movement (pulling) of floatable bulkheads
- Visual acuity
- Crouching/kneeling in operation and movement of lane reel/lane ropes and operation of handicap lift
- Moderate lifting
- Sitting (elevated lifeguard stand), standing
- Work on slippery surfaces
Department/School: KISD Natatorium Pay Grade: OS 3 ($12.69 - $15.29)
Reports to: Natatorium Manager HR Date Approved: October, 2008
Provides a safe environment for all pool patrons and swimmers in the pool and on the deck area; directs the lifeguard staff and assists in supporting the rules, regulations, and safety of the pool facility within the lifeguard certification.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.