Educational Aide I - (183 Days)
- Educational Aide I - (183 Days) JobID: 1792
- Position Type:
Educational Paraprofessional/Aide, Educational
- Date Posted:
North Riverside Elementary   Job Title: Aide I, Educational /Title I Funds Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; perform duties in an effective and efficient manner for the purpose of supporting and contributing to high student achievement.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom, according to duties assigned.
- Interact with students in an equitable manner, including the fair application of rules; help manage the behavior of assigned students as needed and according to district policy.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Inform teacher of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Provide assistance to students including identified accommodations including providing assistance and materials adapted to students’ needs.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and special events and serve on staff committees as required.
- Utilize effective communication skills; ensure that all interactions with students, district personnel, and parents are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- High School diploma
- One (1) year successful related experience.
- Experience in an educational setting (preferred)
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: PR 1 ($86.93 - $104.67)
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: December 2015
Assists teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements as directed by campus administration.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Equipment used: computer, printer, copy machine, laminator, audiovisual equipment, telephone, di-cut machine